Rates of different camps
ACCOMMODATION on OKONJIMA:
- The Grand African Villa: 2 luxury rooms and 2 Suites. (8 – 12 pax > 1 group only)
- The Select, Private Bush Suite: 2 luxury rooms. (4 pax > 1 group only)
- The Luxury Bush Camp: 8 unique, thatched, African-style chalets & 1 honeymoon suite. (18 pax)
- The Bush Camp: 3 luxury, en-suite Twin Tents. These tents are only for guides & pilots & ‘educational's’. (6 pax)
- March 2013: Main Camp: 6 standard, double garden-view rooms & 12, spacious, view rooms. (36 pax).
- August 1 2013: Main Camp: 6 standard, double garden-view rooms & 14, spacious, view rooms. (40 pax).
- The Omboroko Campsite: 4 private campsites, all sharing one secluded swimming-pool.
Select the camp you are interested in from the orange menu.
2013: THE PARK FEE
The Okonjima Nature Reserve is a privately-managed protected area of 22 000 hectares. This conservation area is located in the heart of Namibia's commercial farmlands and requires sensitive land-management practices. The expanded nature reserve carries a considerable amount of daily maintenance beyond the usual lodge management activities.
There are 8 permanent reserve staff members tasked with managing the numerous waterholes, 104 km of fence-line, an expansive network of wilderness trails and the grassland management programme. The field team is also critically involved in AfriCat's predator monitoring programme.
The Environmental Education Fund has been introduced now because Okonjima and AfriCat are committed to their ideal of contributing to long-term conservation through education.
The Environmental Education Fund will contribute to the running and maintenance of the 3 main aspects of our "conservation through education" program as follows:
- Perivoli Okonjima Country School (Kindergarten – Grade 4). This school aims to provide the best possible introductory schooling, with a strong environmental bias, for our resident children. This will facilitate their integration into a bigger main stream school after grade 4 with a sound foundation in environmental awareness.
- The Environmental Education Centre where visiting secondary school groups participate in an intensive environmental awareness program.
- The Adult Education program which currently has two main aspects. Firstly the continued work with both commercial and communal farms to co-exist with resident predators. Secondly we are working towards using our 20 000ha / 200km² Nature Reserve as a classroom for tertiary students at all levels; especially future farmers, teachers and decision makers. Furthermore the Nature Reserve is used to gather a wide range of data for current and future research which will ultimately contribute to the conservation of Namibia’s predators.
2014: THE PARK & EE FEE
Thank you for your ongoing support for Okonjima Lodge and the AfriCat Foundation – your continued support for 2014 is valued.
We have streamlined the rate structure for the coming year, providing greater transparency, as well facilitating clearer commission calculations.
We have decided not to split out contributions to the Private Nature Reserve / Park and Environmental Education, and we are troubled that many other lodges have added a similar fee, oftentimes gratuitously. Okonjima and the AfriCat Foundation have a long and proud track record with regards to conservation and education, and these programmes have expanded in scope over the years. These programmes do continue to rely on the goodwill of visiting guests, and many repeat guests have become strong advocates for our efforts in the field of nature conservation and human upliftment.
In this regard, the Okonjima Reserve is contributing unique, research data for species preservation, and we are developing a resident researcher programme with eminent tertiary institutions. Our Environmental Education Fund is supporting our thrust of long-term 'conservation through education' by running three key contributing elements,
i) the Perivoli Okonjima Country School, a Kindergarten-Grade 4 primary school,
ii) the Environmental Education Centre, a forum for Namibian secondary school pupils to participate in an intensive environmental awareness programme, and
iii) the Adult Education Programme, encompassing work with commercial and communal farmers as well as with tertiary students.
Henceforth, all rates will be inclusive of an allocation towards the above-mentioned programmes. We trust that our visitors will continue to enjoy our renowned Okonjima hospitality, and at the same time this visitation is playing a key role in the advancement of these long-established programme.
ALL NEW - 2014!
January 2014 – The new OKONJIMA PLAINS CAMP will open. A new Lapa, pool & entertainment area will host the 2-tier accommodation facility.
We have withdrawn the 6 old Garden Rooms from circulation, and our previous View Rooms, now known as STANDARD ROOMS, will be priced at Garden Room rates. This is a value uplift for guests, and the popular View Rooms of 2013 are now our entry-level accommodation for 2014.
14 Standard Rooms. This means the long established garden rooms will be replaced by elegant, standard rooms overlooking a water-hole and open savanna grass-plain, therefore providing, a unique bush experience for all our Plains Camp guests.
6 new, luxurious View Rooms, with a bush view over a grass plain, will replace the old view-room-rate and by 1 August 2014 – Plains Camp will boast 14 new, luxury View Rooms.
We have eliminated the Full Board rate at Plains Camp, based on guest preferences, allowing greater flexibility with regards to adding activities as desired and not losing out on a pre-paid trail due to late arrivals etc.
We have built new, luxury View Rooms at Plains Camp, an enhanced offering with an attractive bespoke look and feel. We trust that these rooms will become much sought-after.
Plains Camp is also now decidedly more family oriented, with no age restriction and activities to encourage lingering for more than a single night. We will also periodically be offering Green Season rates during our LOW season.
Our 8 luxury Bush Camp Chalets, and the private Honeymoon Suite are meticulously maintained in an indoor/outdoor configuration, providing a unique African bush feeling. Next year will see further enhancements to these rooms, to ensure they remain at the forefront of Namibia’s accommodation offerings.
OKONJIMA’S PRIVATE, BUSH CAMP WILL BE CLOSED FROM 15 JANUARY 2014 TO 30 JUNE 2014.
During this upgrading period, bookings for Bush Camp will be spread between the Plains Camp View Rooms, Bush Suite, and our exclusive Villa.
As always, we are excited by the planned improvements to Okonjima and we look forward to being able to provide an enhanced lodge and wild-life experience to our valued guests and agents.
The Omboroko Camp Site:
Our 4 campsites provide an unrivalled exclusivity – shower-rooms, sculleries, and recreational facilities are well though-out and attractively presented, and the activities on offer are unrivalled in Namibia for campers.
PLEASE NOTE 2014:
Our Camp Site rates have been split between an accommodation and an activity rate. All trails are now excluded and booked separately at an additional cost. All Campers are welcome to book a prior arranged lunch at our new Day Centre.
The Villa and the Bush Suite remain our most luxurious accommodation offerings, well suited for families or small groups wishing to blend privacy with unparalleled bush luxury.
Thanking you for your support.
Select the camp you are interested in from the orange menu.