Terms and conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any Reservations cancelled within 30 days of arrival will be subject to the following conditions:
- Less than 4 weeks notice .... 25% of daily RATE
- Less than 3 weeks notice ...... 50% of daily RATE
- Less than 2 weeks notice .....75% of daily RATE
- Less than 1 week notice ........ 80% of daily RATE
- No show …………. 100%
- Children under the age of 12 years, are regrettably not permitted at Bush Camp, and the Exclusive Villa.
- Children under the age of 7 years, are regrettably not permitted at Main Camp. (2014 – All Ages Welcome!)
- Children under the age of 12 years, are welcome at our Bush Suite and at the Omboroko Campsite. BUT no 'child-care service' available and due to the nature of our activities, child participation is restricted!
- See also Your Children are perfect little angels
Arrival & Departure times
- In order to be in time for the afternoon activities, a general guide for arrival times is before 15h00 (winter) and 16h00 (summer).
- Check-in from 12h00. Guests are respectfully requested not to arrive before 12h00 and to please vacate the rooms on the day of departure by 10h00, at the very latest!
- If guests plan to arrive at lunchtime, we offer a light lunch as part of full board for that day. NB! Please cancel lunch if you or your guests are not able to arrive in time.
- Brunch is served after the morning trail and replaces a conventional lunch. However, guests who would still like lunch, may make a booking at reception at an additional cost.
- Any 'special dietary requirements' will be accommodated subject to prior notification!
- This campsite is a self-catering facility; the Lodge does not cater for campers!
- No tents, drinks or meals are provided by Okonjima!!
- None of the Lodge facilities are open or available to campers, except the curio-shop.
- All Campers are welcome to book lunch at our new Day Centre, at an additional cost with prior notice.
- Campers ONLY participate in a visit to AfriCat's Information & Carnivore Care Centre. If Campers stay 2 nights, The Bushman Trail and Self-guided Walking trails in the Omboroko Mountains are also on offer.
CAMPERS PLEASE NOTE: If there are game-vehicles available and the 200km² Okonjima Reserve is not being used for Lodge guests, tracking carnivores on foot or by vehicle and booking dinner at the Lodge or Lunch at our Day Centre will be offered, at an additional cost with prior notice.
- ADDITIONAL LODGE ACTIVITY: N$460 per adult per trail & N$250 per child per trail prior notice
- INSTEAD OF A CAMPING ACTIVITY: N$210 per adult per trail & N$100 per child per trail prior notice
- DAY CENTRE LUNCH: N$75 per person prior notice
- LODGE DINNER: N$200 per adult - N$120 per child prior notice
2014 Rates: Our Camp Site rates have been split between an accommodation and an activity rate. All trails will be excluded and booked separately at an additional cost.
- Viewing of carnivores is NOT guaranteed. The leopards as well as the cheetah and the Hyaenas in the Rehabilitation Nature Reserves are radio-collared to allow for regular monitoring of their well-being!
- Either Main Camp OR Bush Camp, The Villa OR Bush Suite are closed during certain periods in December, January & February each year for maintenance and upgrading. Please contact OKONJIMA to confirm closing dates.
- OKONJIMA is surrounded by rivers, which are dry for most of the year. However you are advised to check on accessibility during the rainy season.
- CELL Phones: Certain areas on OKONJIMA have cell-phone reception. Guests are respectfully requested to keep their cell-phones off at ALL times unless you are making a call or relaxing inside your private room. No cell-phones, IPods, MP3 players, disc-men, etc, are permitted, whilst on an activity!