NB: PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING! THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT TO READ:
- In order to be in time for the afternoon activities, a general guide for arrival times is before 15h00 (winter) and 16h00 (summer).
- Check-in from 12h00. Guests are respectfully requested not to arrive before 12h00 and to please vacate the rooms on the day of departure by 10h00, at the very latest!
Credit card payments can take a while to process, due to ‘bush’-telephone lines and slow connections. To ensure a swift departure – payments can be done the evening before departure or during brunch on your day of departure. Please be patient! Banks often require strict security checks!
On credit card payments guests may be required to present the following information:
Name of your local Bank, your mother’s maiden name, your street address, passport number and credit card. (WE PREFER Visa & Master to American Express or Diners) Guests are also welcome to add gratuity to your final credit card payment, stating how much you wish to spend on gratuity.
OKONJIMA also accepts cash payments in the following currencies: US Dollars, Euros, British Pounds, South African Rands.
- Viewing of leopards is NOT guaranteed. The leopards as well as the cheetah and the wild dog and the hyaenas in the 200 km² Rehabilitation Nature Reserves are radio-collared to allow for regular monitoring of their well-being!
- An increasing number of tourism lodges are holding cheetahs and other wild animals in captivity for entertainment purposes.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Bush Camp, and at The Villa.
- Electricity is available 24 hours (220 Volt). 2 & 3 prong adapters/outlets (South African format) are available in all tents/rooms/chalets/suites to charge cameras, laptops etc.
Due to unforeseen power-cuts, especially during the rainy season, OKONJIMA has installed new generators at all Camps. (excluding The Omboroko Campsite)
- Parking: All 4 camps have F.O.C, under-roof parking for private vehicles. No allocated parking spaces at the Campsite.
- OKONJIMA is bordered by rivers, which are dry for most of the year. However guests are advised to check on accessibility during the rainy season!
- Photographers are advised that the leopards and the rehabilitated cheetah, wild dog and hyaenas in the ‘Okonjima Nature Reserve’ have been fitted with radio-collars for monitoring and research purposes. The welfare project cats are radio-collared.
- CELL Phones: Certain areas on OKONJIMA have cell-phone reception. Guests are respectfully requested to keep their cell-phones off at ALL times unless you are making a call or relaxing inside your private room. No cell-phones, IPods, MP3 players, etc, are permitted, whilst on an activity!
- See website for The Omboroko Campsite, Main Camp and Bush Camp’s rates:
Rates of different camps
- Cancellation fees are applicable.
- Main Camp & Bush Camp offer a Full Board (FB) rate which includes all activities and all meals. Drinks and extras such as curios are not included.
- Main Camp & Bush Camp also offer a Half Board (HB) rate (Dinner, Bed and Breakfast), but all activities, lunch and drinks are excluded. Activities are available at an additional cost.
Full Board and Half Board
- The Villa, Bush Suite, Bush Camp and The Omboroko Campsite offer an ALL INCLUSIVE RATE ONLY.
- PAYMENT CONDITIONS: Reservations are only confirmed upon receipt of a 50% deposit of total amount owed. Payment either via Bank Deposit or Credit Card Transaction.
- New Travel Agents or Tour Operators: Pre-payment.
- CAMPERS: 2016 – our camp site rates will split between an accommodation and an activity rate. All trails will be excluded and booked separately at an additional cost.