THAT’S WHY WE WANT TO MAKE ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN THAT THE OKONJIMA EXPERIENCE IS AN UNFORGETTABLE ONE FOR THEM.
- Children under the age of 12 years are not permitted at Bush Camp and The Villa.
- Children are welcome at Plains Camp, Bush Suite and the Campsite, BUT no ‘child-care service’ is available.
- Due to the nature of our activities, child participation is restricted, depending on age!
Information on RATES of different camps.
We will do everything we can to make you and your family feel at home. All we ask is that you bear in mind that others will be using OKONJIMA Villa, Bush Suite, Bush Camp or Plains Camp as a home after you.
We want all our guests to enjoy what this special African Home and Foundation and its pristine environment have to offer. Please treat it gently.
The Lodges were designed primarily to cater for our adult guests. That’s why we could afford to decorate them with irreplaceable items. It’s a fact of life that children don’t always recognise the value of such things. And so we ask you to make sure your children treat the place with care and respect.
OKONJIMA WOULD LIKE TO HAVE HAPPY MEMORIES OF YOUR STAY WITH US.
That’s why we would appreciate it if you could take the time to read through these simple guidelines and agree to abide by them.
- Kids will be kids – but we have found that best behaviour makes for better holidays!
- Please look after the furniture. That means no jumping on couches, beds and no taking furniture outside.
- Our books are for your reading pleasure. All we ask is that you bring them indoors when you’re done for the day. Bear in mind that they are expensive to replace and need to be handled with care (and clean hands!).
- Putting lit candles in kids’ rooms is a disaster waiting to happen. Please be fire conscious.
- Some of our décor and African artifacts are fragile. Looking is safer than touching. We will have to charge for any breakages.
- Okonjima staff are child-friendly, but there may be times that we have to ask your children to tone things down a bit. All we ask is your permission to do this should the need arise.
- On activities children should respect the guide’s instructions, the animals and their environment.
- No Cell-phones, iPods, iPads, Tablets etc are permitted, whilst on an activity!
Thank you for your understanding and we hope you have a fantastic stay!