- Cancellation fees are applicable.
- The Plain and Bush Camps each offer a half board (HB) rate that includes dinner, bed and breakfast, butexcludes lunch and activities. The Bush Camp DBB rate also includes local drinks. Activities at both camps are available at an additional cost.
- The Bush Camp also offers a full board (FB) rate that includes accommodation, all activities, meals and local drinks. Curios from our shop are not included.
- The Okonjima Villa and Private Bush Suite offer afully-inclusive rate only.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted at the Bush Camp and at the Okonjima Villa.
- Our Omboroko Campsite rates are split between an accommodation and activity rate. All trails are excluded and can be booked at an additional cost.
- New travel agents and tour operators must settle accounts prior to arrival.
We’re in the middle of nature and credit card payments can take a while to process, due to slow connections. To ensure your swift departure on check out, please make your payment the evening before you leave. When paying with credit cards guests may be required to present the following information: name of bank, street address, passport number and credit card details. We accept only Visa and Mastercard, American Express and Diners are not accepted. Guests are welcome to add a staff gratuity to their final credit card payment.
Okonjima also accepts cash payments in the following currencies: US dollars, euros, British pounds, South African rands.
EFT/BANK TRANSFER PAYMENTS:
We have an exciting payment option for EFT/Bank Transfer payments.
When you pay via EFT you are a winner, because . . .
- Your payment will incur ZERO SWIFT or Transfer fees
- There is zero commissions
- Excellent Exchange Rates that beat the bank
- Pay in your own local currency into a local bank account in your own country
Click here for more information and instructions on how to use our payment gateway.
To find out the value of your currency relative to the Namibian dollar, please visit the following sites: www.standardbank.com.na and www.xe.com.
Payment terms and conditions:
Any reservations cancelled within 30 days of arrival will be subject to the following conditions:
Less than 4 weeks’ notice: 25% of daily rate
less than 3 weeks’ notice: 50% of daily rate
less than 2 weeks’ notice: 75% of daily rate
less than 1 week notice: 80% of daily rate
No show: 100% of payment
What you need to know before you go:
- Game viewing: most of the leopard and brown hyaena, and all the cheetah in the 200 km² rehabilitation nature reserves areradio-collared to allow for regular monitoring of their well-being and for research purposes, though their viewing is never guaranteed. Dr Sarah Edwards, who recently joined the Okonjima family, is in the process of tagging more brown hyaenas. Soon guests will be able to join her out in the field and to learn about this vital conservation effort.
- An increasing number of other lodges are holding cheetahs and other wild animals in captivity for entertainment purposes and economic gains. Okonjima is home to TheAfriCat Foundation that rehabilitates predators and undertakes extensive conservation work. We have wildlife ambassadors that cannot be released back into the wild and that we use for educational purposes. However, we do not allow for interactions between wildlife and humans.
- Electricity (220 volt) is available 24 hours. Two- and three-prong adapters/outlets (South African format) are available in all tents, rooms, chalets and suites. Due to unforeseen power cuts, especially during the rainy season, Okonjima has generators at all camps and campsites.
- All camps have under-cover parking, though there are no parking spaces at Omboroko Campsite.
- Okonjima is bordered by rivers, which are dry for most of the year. However, guests are advised to check road accessibility during the rainy season.
- Photographers are advised that the leopards, rehabilitated cheetahs and brown hyaenas in the Okonjima Nature Reserve have been fitted with radio-collars for monitoring and research purposes.
- Cellphone reception: certain areas in Okonjima have cellphone reception. Guests are respectfully requested to keep their cellphones off at all times or on silent to retain our peaceful atmosphere, unless you are making a call or relaxing in their private room. No cellphones, iPods, iPads, tablets and music players are permitted while on an activity, unless they are used solely for their camera.
Please note the following important information.
- To be on time for the afternoon activities, a general guide for arrival times is before 14h00 (winter) and 15h00 (summer).
- Check-in from 12h00.Guests are respectfully requested not to arrive before 12h00 and to please vacate the rooms on the day of departure by 10h30.